This quiz is designed to help identify whether a young person might have a mental health issue that requires attention. Remember that everyone experiences some hard times or bad days, but if any of these symptoms affect a students ability to function well and enjoy life over a period of time longer than two or three weeks, the student needs help.
- Had low self esteemfelt worthless, rejected, helpless or hopeless?
- Had a major lack of energy or interest in daily activities?
- Suddenly become very quiet or withdrawn?
- Had significant decline in your school performance?
- Had trouble concentrating/thinking clearly?
- Had repeated sudden outbursts of anger or emotion over relatively small things?
- Experienced serious eating or sleeping problems?
- Had a noticeable decline in personal hygiene?
- Felt that you are being watched or persecuted by others?
- Had very negative thoughts, blamed yourself for things you cannot control, or considered suicide?
- Been cutting, burning or doing other self-injury?
- Been hearing voices or seeing things that others do not?
If you are concerned that you might have a mental health issue that requires attention contact a health care professional for a diagnosis.